My Bucket List I stopped making New Resolutions in 2008 after seeing the movie “The Bucket List”. Instead of Resolutions I started my own “Bucket List”. A list of goals to accomplish, dreams to fulfill before I die. Having a bucket list does not mean I am racing against time. Death is not the end of life. I believe there is more after our physical presence in this earth is over. My bucket list is a reminder to make the most of my life. To make my existence meaningful for myself and to others. Life is a gift. It should be cherished not squandered. I don’t watch too many movies but from the few that I like there are two favourites. The Bucket List and Shawshank Redemption. My favourite quote from the comedy-drama The Bucket List. “You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found jo...
Mark Twain said: "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been"; viewed this way, smiles are an indication of your overall character, which becomes more and more outwardly telling as you age! A smiling person almost always stands out. You feel drawn to the smiling person and withdraw from someone who is frowning. Smiling makes us attractive. When someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smiling is contagious. Smiling helps the immune system to work better. When you smile, immune function improves possibly because you are more relaxed. Let’s say smiling and laughter are the best preventative medicine. Studies have shown that smiling (and laughter) releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together they make us feel good. Let us call them the feel good factors. The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. No ne...
February is love and romance awareness month. And the special day of love and romance is of course February 14th. Valentine’s Day. Love and romance played a major part in my life experiences. I learned to care, to give, to receive, to grow, to mature, and become who I am today. There were moments of joy and laughter. And there were tears and heart break. I have learned to accept, to forgive and move on. No grudges, no regrets. There are so many greetings and quotes and poems on this subject. My favourite is from Alfred Tennyson: “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all”. Memories of love and romance will keep me warm in the Autumn and Winter of my life. Love and blessings on Valentine's Day and always. From Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850: I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.
Comments
Post a Comment