Chinese Fan Dance

Many years ago I joined a Fan dance group in Vancouver. The instructor taught mostly in Chinese and it took a while to even learn the first few steps. However the group was very friendly and all took turns helping me learn the dance. When I moved to Maple Ridge I found a fan dance group at the Leisure centre. It was a small group of 6 to 8 participants. Again the instructor taught mostly in Chinese. I had to rely on youtube videos to re-learn the steps. Unfortunately the group grew even smaller and it was discontinued. Here are some pictures taken at the Rupert Community Centre in Vancovuer.
This picture was taken at Connoly Lodge, Riverview hospital grounds. Our Healthy Lifestyle group topic for the day was Fitness and exercise. The patients had fun trying to open and close the Kung Fu Fan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance