Tea tempers the spirit and harmonizes the mind

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~Author Unknown

I am not a connoisseur of tea. I just like tea. I have favourites but I also like trying different varieties of tea. I love tea pots and tea cups. I am just fascinated with them. They don’t just sit on display. They are busy keeping me company!

Sharing a cup of tea is a time when we relax. Many a confidence has been shared over tea. Many a friend has been consoled. Many a triumph - minor or major, has been celebrated over a cup of tea.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

Comments

  1. Hey I'm famous! That was a long time ago. We should do afternoon tea more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Afternoon Tea Party is suitable for many celebrations. When you'd like to host a party that isn't as involved as a dinner party, a tea party can be the answer. It's an ideal format for a bridal or baby shower, a retirement party, a birthday celebration, or time to catch up with good friends. The food is prepared before your guests arrive, and is either presented buffet style, or by passing plates of goodies at the table. The only thing you need to serve is the tea itself, leaving you plenty of time to relax and enjoy your guests. Your guest list can include dozens of people or only one good friend with whom you'd like to share an intimate conversation. It can be a very formal affair as you'll find at some of the more elegant hotels, or it can be as casual as a pot of tea and some cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Pi:

    Hey, Lit... I have viewed all the pics with your elegant "High Tea" style. That was really great to see our pics while having afternoon tea at your veranda with Tess, my cousin Lina who was visiting Canada from Germany. Again thanks for sharing... Happy Epiphany...
    Pi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from Haiying Yang:

    Happy new year Lolita. I love this name, love reading the blog of your beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance