If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

Mark Twain said: "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been"; viewed this way, smiles are an indication of your overall character, which becomes more and more outwardly telling as you age!

A smiling person almost always stands out. You feel drawn to the smiling person and withdraw from someone who is frowning. Smiling makes us attractive.

When someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smiling is contagious.

Smiling helps the immune system to work better. When you smile, immune function improves possibly because you are more relaxed. Let’s say smiling and laughter are the best preventative medicine.
Studies have shown that smiling (and laughter) releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together they make us feel good. Let us call them the feel good factors.
The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. No need for botox. Smiling is a natural facelift. Aside from making us appear younger it also makes us feel better.
“A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” ~Charles Gordy

Smiling people appear more confident, and more likely to be approached. Put on a smile at gatherings and people will react to you differently.
If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine.
“Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ~Mother Teresa

Comments

  1. From Pi:

    Thank you Lit for sharing... Loved it!... I believe, laughter is the best medicine so, keep on smiling...

    Pi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Tita! Yup, I tell people, that is how I deal with stress, with a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why you look youthful...you are always smiling! Miss you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those top two pictures! The middle one really reminds me of Eddie at around 2 years. Very nice quotes, especially from Mother Teresa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

The month of love and romance