The month of love and romance

February is love and romance awareness month. And the special day of love and romance is of course February 14th. Valentine’s Day.

Love and romance played a major part in my life experiences. I learned to care, to give, to receive, to grow, to mature, and become who I am today. There were moments of joy and laughter. And there were tears and heart break. I have learned to accept, to forgive and move on. No grudges, no regrets.

There are so many greetings and quotes and poems on this subject. My favourite is from Alfred Tennyson: “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all”.

Memories of love and romance will keep me warm in the Autumn and Winter of my life.



Love and blessings on Valentine's Day and always.

From Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. And best wishes for love and laughter in retirement !

      Delete
  2. From Pi:

    Hello! Lit... Thank you for sharing these two beautiful songs. My tears were falling when I remember this month's special day. It is our 35th wedding anniversary exactly this Valentine's day. We always celebrate when this date comes in a romantic place, but, now he's gone I will be celebrating by myself and my family, just to remember him.

    Again, thank you for sharing these lovely music. Nat King Cole is my best songwriter.

    Love you dear friend...
    TTYS.../Pi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolfgang is now at peace and in a better place. I am sure he continues to love and look after you.
      Best regards,
      Lolit

      Delete
  3. From Cynthia:

    Talaga ha... Baka maging "Dear Abbey" ka niyan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom! nice blog! is the one to be selected for the newsletter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they will choose a blog or post my blogsite for others to visit.

      Delete
  5. From Johnny:

    johnny says:
    I send you my kind of Valentine's greetings.For when lovers don't agree with each other, or when parental dislike hits the relationship of the two, when even one is persecuted for his/her undying love for him/her, it is where St Valentine comes in to save the two to reach their destiny and happiness. For you, St. Valentines has special way of saving your love with all graces and spirit of love and giving you strength in all the things you do. Love,johnny

    ReplyDelete
  6. did I not love you beyond forever

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.