My Beautiful Valentines
The pride and joy of my life.
A Grandmother's Prayer
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty, or youth, or such.
Just give me a little hand to hold,
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs.
Just give me a little face to kiss,
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, you have given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
(Author: Barbara Burrows)
A Grandmother's Prayer
Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty, or youth, or such.
Just give me a little hand to hold,
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs.
Just give me a little face to kiss,
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones, you have given
This grateful grandmother a glimpse of Heaven.
(Author: Barbara Burrows)

Nice picture of everyone! How come I don't have this one??
ReplyDeleteGot this copy from Mel. Maybe there is another one, if not I can get a copy done for you.
DeleteWhat a beautiful picture of all of them! You are one lucky Grandma.
ReplyDeleteThanks. We both are lucky for having beautiful grandchildren. Happy Valentines Day to you!
DeleteYou are blessed and very lucky to have such beautiful grandchildren! More power to you!
DeleteThanks Gasat. They keep me young, busy, and at times pleasantly tired !
DeleteThe twins are starting to talk and Eloise is trying to walk before learning to crawl !
From Gina,
ReplyDeleteAte, you are so blest to have them!
Indeed! Yesterday I was playing with them. Taliya was Owner and Chef of her restaurant. I was the customer. Ryan was switching from customer to waiter. Kyle was minding his own business.
DeleteThe Victoria group will come in a few weeks for Eloise's baptism.
Happy Valentine's Day !
I like this poem Mom.
ReplyDelete