Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling


Found a fabulous recipe from cdkitchen.com. The first time I baked this the recipe filled two 9 X 5 inch pans to overflowing. This time I baked in a 9 X 13 inch pan and it was just great! Instead of pecans I used raisins. This Pumpkin bread is freezable. YUMMMM !

INGREDIENTS:
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
2 cups pumpkin
***Filling***
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:
Mix filling ingredients in order listed and set aside.

Sift dry ingredients together. Mix pumpkin, water, oil and eggs together. Pour into dry mixture and mix well.

Pour 1/2 of batter into 2 greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Next pour a layer of filling in each pan (using all of the filling). Finish topping with remaining bread batter.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

Cool before removing from pans.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance