A new year has begun !


On Christmas day I announced to my family that I have a very big decision to make in the New Year. Everyone looked at me and waited for whatever it was that I was going to announce.

I said: "I have to decide between buying next size clothes or losing ten pounds !"

My Body Mass Index has climbed to an all time high of 25.6
The overweight BMI range is 25 - 29.9

My usual BMI has always been 23.8 which is well within the normal range. To get back to this BMI I need to lose 10 lbs. Actually just losing 5 lbs will get me back in the normal/healthy BMI range.

Going back to my decision dilemma. I have made up my mind to go for the less expensive, healthier choice. I will try to lose 5 lbs and if I move around more I can shake off another 5 lbs.

Can`t wait for our Zumba Gold classes and Hawaiian dance classes to start. I am also going to join a Seniors walking club.

I will not give up my favourite foods including pasta, bread, rice and desserts. I will just have to discipline myself to eat less.

(retired) Dietitian, heal thyself :)

Please click picture to enlarge.

This picture was taken 3 years ago wearing one of my Hawaiian dresses. The 10 lbs slowly but surely made this dress too tight for comfort now!

I will reward myself once I get to my healthy goal weight. I was in Hawaii in 2007. Time for a return visit.

Hawaii, here I come, ten pounds lighter.


Healthy weight = Happy retirement.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I used to just exhale and there went the excess weight... now at almost seventy I wonder how long it will take to lose ten lbs. Aaaiiiiyyyyaaa. I draw inspiration from a lady named Vi. She is 90 years old. Excellent posture. Healthy weight. Walks regularly 3 times per week with the Seniors Walking Club. She does not drive. Walks to the grocery, library, drugstore and other stores around our area... all within 10 to 20 minutes walking distance. Rain or shine. Exception will be days like yesterday when roads were slippery due to frost. She said has been doing this walking routine for the past 20 years. That means she started when she was 70 years old. And I will turn 70 in two weeks ! Just in time to revive my walking expeditions.

      Delete
  2. Posture makes such a big difference too. Mom you look great for 70!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. and yes, posture makes a big difference. I try to stand, walk erect and I think Zumba and Hawaiian dancing helps !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance