Weeds.... be gone !
We had a mild winter and early Spring. The dandelions are growing vigorously already!
I pull the weeds manually and will use newspapers under mulch in larger areas. No chemicals will be used because the children plays in the garden.
This year we will engage my grandchildren to learn and enjoy gardening.
Please click pictures to enlarge.
I must do that soon before the weeds take over. I have those pop weeds, they have zillion white flowers that pop and scatter their seeds everywhere. Best to pull this weed (they have shallow roots) before they start to flower.
ReplyDeleteI remember my Dad used to order Dandelion seeds from a seed catalogue and he would grow dandelions for salad.
I have to start early because the weeds are taking over the area where we will have our vegetable garden. So many weeds which I do not know names of. I only recognize dandelions. I have not tasted dandelions for salad. would they be a special variety just for eating?
Delete