Feeling light, feeling good!


I decided to lose at least 5 lbs instead of going the next dress size !

It took 3 months to lose 5 lbs. And I have been maintaining my weight for the last 3 months.

I went regularly to my Zumba Gold classes and Hawaiian dance classes. Since early Spring I have been gardening. We have a fairly large size front and backyard and gardening is in my fitness program!

I did not follow a strict diet. I continued to enjoy my favourite foods but definitely ate less.

Please click picture to enlarge.


"With stick-thin Hollywood celebrities, diet commercials and weight-loss TV shows in our faces every day, it's hard to judge what a healthy body should look like -- especially once you're older. Yet with health problems on the rise as you age, it becomes even more important to eat well, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy body weight that is neither too heavy nor too light." from an article "The importance of maintaining healthy weight for older women" by Barbara Sharnak.
http://www.thirdage.com/weight-loss/the-importance-of-maintaining-a-healthy-weight-for-older-women

My Body Mass Index is now within the healthy range. Losing another 3 to 5 lbs would definitely put my Body Mass Index in the middle of the healthy weight range.

For now I will focus on maintaining my weight and if I lose a couple more pounds that would be a bonus!

Comments

  1. Hi mom, did you know you can link to a book or article in your blog entry? Just highlight and click on the link symbol, and then enter the URL. Voila! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lissa for the tip. I highlighted and clicked on the link symbol. Not sure if it worked. It is a very good article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance