Eggplant Omelette with ground beef (Filipino " Tortang Talong with ground beef")
A popular dish among Filipinos is Tortang Talong with or without ground beef.
I have a craving for this dish and so I made some for dinner tonight.
I usually make this without meat but tonight I decided to try with sautéed ground beef.
We got three large sized Chinese eggplants. Smaller eggplants would be preferable but none available today.
I broiled them 15 minutes on each side.
While waiting for the eggplants to cool I sautéed a pound of ground beef in garlic and onions. Seasoned with kosher salt, Worcestershire sauce and a teaspoon of kitchen bouquet.
When cooled the eggplants were peeled gently, flattened with fork and dipped in beaten eggs. For these large eggplants I used 7 eggs and a dash of kosher salt.
Put some oil in the non-stick pan and put on medium heat. Lay down one eggplant and spoon a generous amount of cooked ground beef on top. Cook till egg on sides of eggplant is set.
Next pour some egg on top of ground beef. Turn gently and cook till golden brown.
Serve with ketchup and of course rice !
I have a craving for this dish and so I made some for dinner tonight.
I usually make this without meat but tonight I decided to try with sautéed ground beef.
We got three large sized Chinese eggplants. Smaller eggplants would be preferable but none available today.
I broiled them 15 minutes on each side.
While waiting for the eggplants to cool I sautéed a pound of ground beef in garlic and onions. Seasoned with kosher salt, Worcestershire sauce and a teaspoon of kitchen bouquet.
When cooled the eggplants were peeled gently, flattened with fork and dipped in beaten eggs. For these large eggplants I used 7 eggs and a dash of kosher salt.
Put some oil in the non-stick pan and put on medium heat. Lay down one eggplant and spoon a generous amount of cooked ground beef on top. Cook till egg on sides of eggplant is set.
Next pour some egg on top of ground beef. Turn gently and cook till golden brown.
Serve with ketchup and of course rice !
Comments
Post a Comment