Make tea not war !
In May, 2011, I joined the Silk Road tour in China. In Xian, after visiting the Terracotta warriors museum, we visited a tea house. We sampled several teas. I learned a little bit more about varieties of tea and the health benefits that the Chinese attribute to each kind of tea. I have no medical information to verify claims. I am more interested in the art or ritual of making and serving tea. I like the taste of several varieties and I love teaware from China, Japan, Britain, etc.
Here is one of my favourite tea. Pu erh and rose bud tea.
Pu-erh tea is different from all the other tea types from growing conditions of the region, kind of tea leaves used, and even the fermentation process. Many pay close attention to the special health interest in pu-erh tea.It helps with digestion, especially with fatty and oily food. This is perhaps the main reason many Chinese restaurants offer pu-erh tea at dim sum and banquets.
Guangzhuo is the biggest tea trading centre in China. I was there for a short visit in 2010. My friends took me to tea shops and to a huge tea mall. I saw a dazzling array of tea and tea ware; tea shops where traders were sampling tea.
My friends gave me a pu erh brick/cake. A precious, pricey variety of tea.
Pu erh tea came in loose and brick or cake and many shapes and sizes. There were also framed pu erh tea art. The older/aged this tea is, the better. The bricks or cakes are usually labelled with date and place of production.
Pink Rose Buds
The sublime sensations of this attractive and enchanting tea bring a rosy hue to any day. This wonderful tea is a delight to behold.
As a popular tea for ladies, it is appreciated as much for its beautiful aesthetics as it is for its health benefits. Rose Bud tea improves circulation, and also encourages calm and tranquility.
Adding a couple of rose bud tea to pu erh is simply divine !
I cannot sit and chat with you,
the way I'd like to do.
So brew yourself a cup of tea,
I'll think of you, you think of me.
source unknown
Here is one of my favourite tea. Pu erh and rose bud tea.
Pu-erh tea is different from all the other tea types from growing conditions of the region, kind of tea leaves used, and even the fermentation process. Many pay close attention to the special health interest in pu-erh tea.It helps with digestion, especially with fatty and oily food. This is perhaps the main reason many Chinese restaurants offer pu-erh tea at dim sum and banquets.
Guangzhuo is the biggest tea trading centre in China. I was there for a short visit in 2010. My friends took me to tea shops and to a huge tea mall. I saw a dazzling array of tea and tea ware; tea shops where traders were sampling tea.
My friends gave me a pu erh brick/cake. A precious, pricey variety of tea.
Pu erh tea came in loose and brick or cake and many shapes and sizes. There were also framed pu erh tea art. The older/aged this tea is, the better. The bricks or cakes are usually labelled with date and place of production.
Pink Rose Buds
The sublime sensations of this attractive and enchanting tea bring a rosy hue to any day. This wonderful tea is a delight to behold.
As a popular tea for ladies, it is appreciated as much for its beautiful aesthetics as it is for its health benefits. Rose Bud tea improves circulation, and also encourages calm and tranquility.
Adding a couple of rose bud tea to pu erh is simply divine !
I cannot sit and chat with you,
the way I'd like to do.
So brew yourself a cup of tea,
I'll think of you, you think of me.
source unknown



I like the poem. I have a birthday gift in mind but it will come late. :)
ReplyDelete