Too old for leggings?

The answer to the age appropriateness question is : No, I am not too old for leggings! I picked up some very sensible and practical advise, tips and recommendations for the older woman who wants to enjoy the comfort of leggings.
- Stick to basic, dark colors—dark blue, black, brown.
- Wear them under dresses that hit at least mid thigh or long cocoon type coats and avoid short, unflattering tops.

Here is a fashion advice from Advanced Style (this is a fashion blog site for older men and women... Advanced referring to Advanced age :)
http://advancedstyle.blogspot.ca/
Always look at yourself critically and helpfully. Check to see that everything you're wearing is in harmony. Nothing has to match--this is not the 50's--but every piece should be complementary."

Leggings are fabulous with ballet flats, flat ankle boots, low-heeled boots, and boots with “sturdy” heels that could never be referred to as hooker boots, even if they reach the thigh.
If you are wearing your leggings more like tights than pants, for example, wearing your leggings with a dress, you can wear any type of boot or shoe. That includes stilettos, if you must. That includes over-the-knee boots, ankle boots, and fold-down (cuffed) boots. Although, when in doubt:
•Ask your daughter. She will tell you the truth.

In most circumstances, there is no upper age limit for wearing leggings or jeggings. However, if you start laughing when you look in the mirror, change into something else!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A digital slideshow by Smilebox

Comments

  1. I like your advice about: "Ask your daughter. she will tell you the truth". Thank God for daughters!

    Love the pictures of leggings! I own 3 pairs but they are all black. I do have 3 pairs of skinny jeans in hot pink, aqua (they didn't fit Jen), grey and black!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance