Retirees gather for Dim Sum Lunch
Now and again we get together for lunch or dinner. This time we decided to go for Dim Sum. Paul recommended Top Cantonese Cuisine in Vancouver. Dim Sum was superb!
Lots of laughter sharing stories and pictures of recent travels, grandchildren, etc.
The restaurant clientele is mostly Chinese. I was probably the only non-Chinese speaking person present yesterday at lunch. My friends spoke Chinese and English to accommodate me. I am so used to Chinese being spoken around me. I am also used to being mistaken for Chinese.
Here are some of the Dim Sum selections yesterday. I enjoyed them all. My friends identified each dish in English and Chinese. They ordered the traditional items plus some new ones that I have never tasted before.

Baked turnip pastry.

Prawn dumpling.

Pan fried bean curd wrap with pea tip.

Rice roll with fish paste and Chinese donut.

Steamed pork dumpling or siu mai.

Stir fried green beans.

Sticky Fried Rice with Chinese sausage.
Fried taro dumpling.
The drinking of tea is as important to dim sum as the food. We had Chrysanthemum with Pu-erh tea.
We plan to meet again in July. Hopefully those who were not able to make it yesterday will be able to join us next time.
I love Steamed Bean Curd and Red Bean Sesame ball. We're so lucky to be retired!
ReplyDeleteMe too!
Delete