Hawaii is calling...
There are some places you wish to go back to once more and such is Hawaii. Our first visit to the beautiful islands of Hawaii was on a cruise on board the Pride of Aloha in 2007. I always had this longing to go back, stay a few days, leisurely explore and enjoy the sights and sounds of the islands. In four weeks we will be back and this time we will stay two weeks in the island of Oahu.
I first heard of Hawaii when I was growing up in the Philippines. I must be about 10 or 11 years old when I first heard of relatives of my father leaving for Oahu, Hawaii. They were from the Ilocos Norte and they were going to work in the sugar cane plantations. I learned through the years that many Filipino workers migrated to Hawaii to work and eventually settled there.
The Hawaiian Islands: Please click picture to enlarge.
Today Filipinos make up the second largest racial group in Hawaii. They are mostly in Oahu.
Please click picture to enlarge.
Hawaii, here we come !
I first heard of Hawaii when I was growing up in the Philippines. I must be about 10 or 11 years old when I first heard of relatives of my father leaving for Oahu, Hawaii. They were from the Ilocos Norte and they were going to work in the sugar cane plantations. I learned through the years that many Filipino workers migrated to Hawaii to work and eventually settled there.
The Hawaiian Islands: Please click picture to enlarge.
Today Filipinos make up the second largest racial group in Hawaii. They are mostly in Oahu.
Please click picture to enlarge.
Hawaii, here we come !


Comments
Post a Comment