Vintage recipe... a blast from the past

I have a recipe binder of favourite recipes and proven winners with family and friends.

The oldest recipe in this binder is from the McCalls Great American recipe collection published in 1973. Quick Cherry Dessert. I have served this in several gatherings in the past and have shared it with many chefs whom I worked with during my years as hospital Dietitian. It has been included in many menus that I developed for several health care facilities. Instead of Cherry pie filling we sometimes substitute with Blueberry pie filling. Very easy recipe and always a winner.

Here is the original recipe card Please click picture to enlarge.

This evening I baked this recipe. I cooked some blueberry sauce to use instead of cherry pie filling. We have a stash of frozen blueberries. We pick blueberries from local farms and put aside lots in the freezer for year round use. The other modification I did in this recipe is to reduce the sugar to just 1 cup. This is also great for breakfast or snack served warm with a slice of cheese on the side.

Please click picture to enlarge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance