It's about proclaiming ! Not reading.



I attended a workshop for Lectors led by our Parish Priest at St. Patrick's Church, in Maple Ridge.

The workshop covered several interesting and helpful topics from the meaning and understanding of the Ministry of the Lector and the importance of being a Lector, principles of proclamation, techniques to consider in preparing to read the text, body language,and voice projection.

The workshop helped me understand my role as a Lector. Being a Lector helps me become more aware of my spiritual responsibility to live what I read and prepare seriously to proclaim God's word to his people. Indeed, it is proclaiming not just reading.


What is a Lector (Lay Reader)?
Since ancient times, communities have chosen persons for the task of reading Scriptures at worship. Being a lector, or reader, is more than just fulfilling a task. At its best, reading is a calling, a vocation, and a spiritual discipline. Reading is a commitment to effective sharing of Scripture during our community worship time. It is a commitment to preparing oneself so that one’s reading becomes a vehicle for God’s Word.

Click to play this Smilebox newsletter
Create your own newsletter - Powered by Smilebox
A free newsletter design by Smilebox

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I was pleased to see several new, young Lectors/Readers. I think most came from Archbishop Carney Secondary School. They read on Sundays. I read on Thursdays.

      Delete
  2. From FB Timeline:

    J Riego de Dios likes this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance