Poetry
There are so many categories of poetry: love, romance, friendship, sad, motivational, spiritual, happy, funny and some poems could even get into Anderson Cooper’s Ridiculist.
Definition: Poetry is an imaginative awareness of experience expressed through meaning, sound, and rhythmic language choices so as to evoke an emotional response.
Poetry has been known to employ meter and rhyme, but this is by no means necessary. Poetry is an ancient form that has gone through numerous and drastic reinvention over time.
The very nature of poetry as an authentic and individual mode of expression makes it nearly impossible to define.
My favourite poem is Sonnet 116 by Shakespeare.
My BFF (Best Friend Forever) loves to write poetry. One of the poems he shared with me was The Lonely Shepherd. Our friendship dates back from 1966 when we first met at Notre Dame Hospital in Cotabato, Philippines. He now lives in Fort Beaufort, South Africa.
The Lonely Shepherd
In this wilderness where I am,
I feel like a lonely shepherd,
Wandering in search for my lost sheep.
On my life’s journey,
I was led to see the beauty of nature.
For only God can make these wondrous creations-
For me to see and lighten my burden;
A lonely shepherd searching for my lost sheep.
Do pray that I may find my sheep,
That you, my friends –
Will never let me be a lonely shepherd.
By: Juanito ‘Nini’ Riego de Dios, M.D.
![]() |
| Free slideshow made with Smilebox |
Why do we love poetry? I found this explanation best expresses why we love poetry:
“The one common factor in the enjoyment of poetry seems to be this. Those who love poetry love language and what can be achieved with carefully selected words arranged artfully in lines.”


From FB:
ReplyDeleteMelissa Hogg likes this
From Dr. J.Riego de Dios
ReplyDeleteWhy don’t you put or write down that FUNNY ANSWER TO JULIET with that kind of funny poem I made... and maybe Anderson Cooper’s Ridiculist will take notice of it.... then he will giggle/laugh. Have you seen him in CNN how he laughs/giggle?
I actually considered your version of sonnet 116. "The ayes and nays of love and marriage". However I was not able to download because your Word Program is different from mine. I agree that Anderson Cooper will likely find your funny response to Juliet. Yes I saw his show when he was laughing, giggling uncontrollably. His mother is a Vanderbilt.
DeleteI love this! :)
ReplyDelete