Rooibus tea and me



Rooibos tea is made from the leaves of the Aspalathus Linearis (or "red bush") plant, which grows only in the small Cederberg region of South Africa. It is found nowhere else in the world, rooibus is one of South Africa’s best export products.

Because it is not derived from the Camillia sinensis plant (like black, white, green or oolong teas), rooibos tea is considered more of an herbal drink or tisane than a "true" tea.

Rooibus tea has been my choice for afternoon and evening beverage because it is caffeine free.
It is a good choice for a stress relieving elixir. Drinking rooibos tea for relaxation works best because caffeinated beverages-even those with a small amount of caffeine, like green tea-awaken the mind rather than soothe it. I am so sensitive to caffeine that I avoid caffeinated drinks after lunch.


I read an article that tells of the calming effects of rooibos tea, its ability to relax the muscles and release any tension, especially in the stomach. Sometimes people lay tensely in bed at night, unable to sleep, and drinking rooibos tea before bed may help to relieve some of this tension so that sleep becomes possible. This reduces headaches and irritability the next day!

I was surprised to find that there is Rooibus tea for kids… I guess this is given to colicky children due to its antispasmodic benefit.

I love to sit quietly with a cup of Rooibus tea with a favorite music in the background… Usually Ernesto Cortazar on the piano. I let go of the day's worries and I transition into a more relaxed state.

Rooibos tea is an excellent source of antioxidants. Some research shows that the tea could possibly slow the ageing process, prevent cancer and lower the risk of heart disease.

Whether the above claims have validity or not just give me Rooibus anytime!

“There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.”
― Yutang Lin, The Importance of Living

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow made with Smilebox

Comments

  1. From FB:

    Maria Flordeliza and J Riego de Dios like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From FB


    Pi Rapp

    Excellent taste and very healthy... Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance