Echeveria "Black Prince" begins to bloom
I was pleasantly surprised to find my "Black Prince" starting to bloom.
When I bought this last June I nicknamed it "Sitting pretty". While the hens and chicks around were busy producing rosettes, this one seems to just sit there quite elegantly watching the scenery. Then last week when I got back from a two week visit in Toronto I noticed some activity. A rosette had formed and had started to come out followed by another one this week.
Please click picture to enlarge.
When I bought this last June I nicknamed it "Sitting pretty". While the hens and chicks around were busy producing rosettes, this one seems to just sit there quite elegantly watching the scenery. Then last week when I got back from a two week visit in Toronto I noticed some activity. A rosette had formed and had started to come out followed by another one this week.
Please click picture to enlarge.
I love how you described the activity of the hens and chicks. I could just imagine them (the real thing) in real life, busy bodies scurring around.
ReplyDeleteThe Prince patiently watches, waiting for his turn.
What a lovely metaphor.
Thanks Carol. I am into succulent gardening this summer. Learning a bit more about Sempervivums and Echeverias. So far so good. They are not being touched by bugs, slugs and snails. My 5 hostas are all bald. Had to get rid of their damaged leaves. Since I trimmed off their leaves I never saw any snail getting interested in whatever length of stalk or stem left. They only like the leaves! Those hens and chicks are very prolific !
Delete