Succulents and Citronella Plants

There are several snails and tiny green worms that are eating the leaves of my plants! I decided to severely prune and trim the leaves and rearranged my containers and moved them to the cemented patio. Away from what I believe is the source of those snails. I have not seen any slugs yet but I am sure they are there somewhere. This is the first time I have seen those small green wormy things that seem to love the leaves of my Alpine Columbine.

I noticed the snails did not touch my succulents and the citrosa geranium or mosquito repellant plant. I feel bad that I have to trim off all the leaves of my hostas. Unfortunately the snails (and slugs) love them. There really is no such thing as slug or snail resistant hostas.

Citrosa Geranium or mosquito repellant plant or Citronella plant. Please click pictures to enlarge.
Some call it scented geranium. Not too crazy about its scent but they seem to ward off flying bugs including mosquitoes. And slugs and snails do not like them!

I will be planting more succulents and Citronella Plants around my patio. Both are hardy, lovely, easy to care for and prolific in propagating.

Succulents. Please click pictures to enlarge.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine.

The month of love and romance